Hop til indhold

Login via USB failed

Math

Spørgsmål

Hello,

The last time I connected to my IHC Visual Controller has been years ago.

Since that time I have a new computer and I'm not able to connect to my controller anymore.

I've been testing for a week now: Windows 7, Windows 10, different versions of Java (6, 7 & 8), and the different versions of ICH-software (2.7.1, 2.7.1, 2.8).

But I still have the same problem:

When I go to usb/ I get the startpage of the controller.

• I choose 'IHC Administrator' and try to login via USB (with the USB cable connected) 
  • I get the error: 'Login via USB failed'
  • When i check the version of the openend software (? About) I get/see 'Version 2.7.135'

I called the Schneider service desk from the Benelux, they told me to upgrade the controller frimware with the IHC Firmware Loader.

The Firmware Loader can unfortunately also not connect through USB, so I'm not able to upgrade.

The IHC components was installed in 2011 (March/May), so I think I have the 6.1 version.

What else can I do/try?

Reset the IHC Visual Controller (and how do I do that)

?

I don't have a backup of my config/project so I don't want to do a factory reset.

Thank you in advance

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

7 svar på dette spørgsmål

The login failed is a Java problem, which get fixed with firmware 2.8.4. There is a workaround described in the tread "java problemer igen igen igen"

The error IHC controller not detected but <USB> responds to ping has been seen if the firmware version and Visual version is misaligned.

Have you tried to use some of the older firmware uploader you can download here? If you want to upgrade a HW 6.1 controller to firmware 2.8.4 you need on of the older firmware loader without version check anyway.

LK do not support HW 6.1 anymore and latest firmware version is 2.7.220, but this one has several Java issues, and is generally considered pretty unstable. 2.7.199 is more stable, but have even more Java issues. There are workaround for all the known Java issues in the tread "java problemer igen igen igen"

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Hello Lars1,

thanks for the quick response.

> I've read the "Java problemer igen igen igen" topic, but I found nothing new that I didn't try (except with the javastarter, but that test gave the same result >> login via USB failed).

> I think I have firmware version 2.7.135, where can I find the Visual version that matches with this firmware version?

> I tried 'IHC Firmware Loader klient version 1.3.3' that I found here in the download section, but at step 1, the bar continious to load. Are there other FW loader on the site?

Greetings

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

1 time siden, Math skrev:

I tried 'IHC Firmware Loader klient version 1.3.3' that I found here in the download section, but at step 1, the bar continious to load. Are there other FW loader on the site?

Connect the PC and the Controller with USB.

Start Firmwareuploader.
Click "1 Tilslut"
Turn off the Power to the controller incl backup battery.
Wait 10 sec.
Turn on the power again.

Now some times the PC will connect at this way. Otherwice I have no idea sorry.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

2 timer siden, Math skrev:

Thanks Bjarne.

It worked:

• start firmware loader
  • hit the 'Connect' (1) button
  • disconnected one of the power cables to the controller
  • waited 15 seconds
  • connect the power cable again
  • the firmware loader managed to connect to the controller

You made my day!!!

:D:D:D

Great :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Glad that it works for You .

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

På 25.2.2019 at 22:54 , Bjarne Sørensen skrev:

Great :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Glad that it works for You .

I just tried the same advice that Bjarne send earlier the year. The new firmware start to up load well, but at the end an error occur.  

Now the controller isn't working at all. And not accepting to up load any firmer.

Any advice here?

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites