Hop til indhold

Problem with IHC visual controller

John04

Spørgsmål

Hi,

I have an old IHC visual controller I installed in my house in 2011. It is Hardware version 6.1 and the firmware in it is 2.7.220.

Sinc 2 days, the network seems to have a problem with the device as it is not reachable anymore. I have tried with the USB and it is working fine but not via the network. Even a ping gives nothing. 

The system is very basic as it connects only switches and lamps, no dimmers or RF antenna's are needed.

Do you know how I could replace the faulty controller, can I only replace the visual controller with a new one without replacing all the rest of the hardware?

Thanks for your help,

John.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

2 svar på dette spørgsmål

I agree with EjvindHald. Downgrade to 2.7.199. It's much more stabil than 2.7.220. Specially regarding the network interface. Your controller is most likely not defekt. By design it's just very sensitive to network traffic, like if you have IHC Captain installed or given access to the controller from the internet. Either could flood the controller with data, which gets the network interface to stall while everything else works fine.

Both HW 6.2 and 7.x are less sensitive to network traffic. HW 7.x the least, but even that one I once had to reboot due to lack of network access.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites