Hop til indhold

Help With Ihc Net , Connecting Router

boringbard

Spørgsmål

Hi everyone.

I am new to the country and to the IHC systems som I am looking for some help. I have an IHC system (see attachments) and was told by my landlady that i could order normal internett as long as i bought a IHC net basic TV/r tilslutningkabel. I went to the electronic shop and showed him what i needed and he told me to buy a "CAT5e crossover cable".

I have a technicolor t799 router from telia that I'm trying to connect with.I have tried all possible inputs and cable variations without luck. When i enter the IP adress in my browser and enter the menus it tells med I'm lacking DSL (which i have no contact for in the apartment)

I've been able to get the router up and running and connected to ny computer. The router is indicating that wireless, broadband and ethernet is up and running but i have no internett (this was activated by telia the 16th of october).

Where do i do from here? Detailed description would be nice sine I'm not exactly Bill Gates.

All help is much apreciated.

Tak

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

7 svar på dette spørgsmål

Just trying to understand your problem here - you don't have an internet connection ? right :) .. Have you tried contacting your internet provider? - could be YouSee, Stofa, TDC etc.

Maybe they haven't opened it up, or maybe you need to change the frequency or channel on the router.

Hope you get it up and running, even though i don't think this is a IHC issue, we will try to help you the best we can..

//Reinhold - which is not a IT genius, just a random guy!

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Thanks for the reply Reinhold. Yes the problem is that i don't have internet.

This is what i have done after the post.

1.I have talked to telia and they told me it was up and running and that the issue was that i did not have a normal phone socket for the dsl cable.

2.I have talked to LK (provider of the IHC net) which said there should be a main socket where i can check if the internet is working. He also said the cable didn't matter. Problem is i can't find this. He also said the people renting out the apartment should know how to set it up. (emailed my landlady asking about everything, but still waiting for reply).

3. I sent to elgiganten. The guy sort of didn't know what IHC was but he said that if there is no internet the problem is i have no modem which i should call telia and have them send it to me for free. (But it does not work when connecting the computer directly to the socket either)

As you see three different explainations. Where to og from here?

Thanks again

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Normally the Internet setup is something like this:

Internet - Serviceprovider - xDSL line - Modem - Router - PC (or IHC net)

The Modem and Router can be one unit (CPE) with build in Wireless network.

So if Telia the service provider can se a Modem (CPE) and tells you that the line is OK, then you just have to find it and disconect it with Telia on the phone so you are 100% sure its your line.

Then you can plug in a PC directly to check that Internet is working.

If so then next step is to patch the Internet to the IHC net that basicly just is a distribution Network. Your landlord should have dokumentation on this (and basicly also on the Internet/xDSL part)

Take a look at page 59 in this manual:

http://www.lk.dk/download/Haandbog/ihc-net-minihaandbog-2011.pdf

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

was told by my landlady that i could order normal internett as long as i bought a IHC net basic TV/r tilslutningkabel.

Why did she tell you to buy this cable? Its a cable used for Television and Radio, not Internet. And why use IHC Net? Is it because your Landlady has installed IHC Net in the House? If she have installed IHC Net in the house, and the intention is to use Her Internet connection, you just need a straight RJ45 cable, and She shall establish conection from her Router, or Switch to the other end of the installed IHC cable
Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites