Thanks Lars for the quick reply. I just want to be clear that I am happy to compensate for direct time/support provided.
I am attaching:
1. Photos of all the IHC 'junction boxes' and examples of the types of switches we have.
2. A scan of a wiring diagram (not sure it it's absolutely correct -- for example, I'm not aware of any gas-related functionality, but looks largely correct)
3. An HTML copy of the configuration that I believe the house runs on now (these are all files I have from the time we installed the system in 2004). I also have a file called "upload.ihc", about 771 kb in size -- I assume that is the actual configuration file of the current installation (happy to provide that too if helpful).
My needs, in priority order:
1. Would like to be able to safely connect to the system (ideally through USB (my computer doesn't have a serial port, and it looks like the system used to use a serial cable to connect) so that I can have some degree of control over the installation in the event I have issues one day (I already have one light that suddenly won't turn off, but just flickers on a regular rhythm)
2. I would ideally like to reprogram some functions to simplify the current installation (we sometimes rent out the house, and the switches are very confusing to a new resident)
3. I have one 4-button switch that was disconnected by an electrician and replaced with a blank cover (photo attached) because it was malfunctioning. I'd love assistance with reconnecting a new 4-button switch there.
4. If it's possible to upgrade to allow some remote access to the system via WiFi/internet by adding a module, that would be nice to have.
5. Finally, I am concerned that IHC may not be well supported or have a future roadmap. I want to start thinking about the easiest way of replacing it when the time comes with a good system that is widely adopted and likely to continue being supported in the future. It would be helpful to hear the options from someone who's done similar upgrades.
Thanks again for any ideas or comments.
IHC WIN report generator.htm