Hop til indhold

Migrating from 1 to 2

Vladimir

Spørgsmål

Hello

In a home I have bought recently, I have IHC controller version 1 based setup with wired input/output modules (no wireless).

I plan to change IHC controller version 1 to version 2.

As I understand, I should:

1. Power off the controller,
  2. Disconnect all input/output wires,
  3. Connect them to the same sockets in controller 2,
  4. Power the new controller on and start setup process in IHC Visual app.

My question - when I will power the new controller, will it automatically recognize all input/output modules in IHC visual app or I have to enter them manually? 

What else should I know to make the migration safe and efficient? Any help will be appreciated

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

4 svar på dette spørgsmål

When you install Visual, you will also install a pretty good help file. I suggest you take a good look at it as it have the answers to all your questions.

You can do all the programming before you connect the new controller. You don't even need a controller to do the programming, You can do that offline and then uploade the program to the controller when you like. You can also power up your new controller without connecting any input/output modules to it and test your program through the serviceview app, where you can manually control the inputs and outputs.

You will have to define the modules manually, but that is only for documentation. Without wireless and special modules like modem and SMS gateway, IHC is "just" 128 binary inputs and 128 binary outputs and it doesn't matter for the programming whether the inputs are 230V, 24V/30ma or 24//3ma.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Also remember there is no convertion tools from Visual 1 to Visual 2/3, so you need to do programming in the new Visual from scratch. 
 If you have downloaded the old one you probadly can use that to look after where things is connected, and make similar setup in the new version. it’s all manual work but as mentioned it can be done in advance and completely  offline.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Thank you both.

Sure, I read the help file and I know that I can add and configure input/output modules in the software app even without connecting the controller.

One thing is still unclear for me however. Let's say, I will add into the app three virtual switches I need to operate and will even pre-configure them and test configuration. Then I will connect a few of Input modules that have the several switches connected. How can I explain to the controller, which real switch should be mapped to a virtual one?

In the 1st version of Visual app everything was organized under numbers of ports at controller/modules. The Visual ver. 2 app uses a paradigm of rooms, so I am quite confused how hardware and software components are mapped. There is the nice explanation how to add virtual devices in the help manual but nothing said about mapping.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

In Visual 2 you place the components (outlets, switches etc. ) in the rooms where they belong and then you configure which input/output the component is connected too. It's all described in the help file.

Once you have configured a component, you can print out the documentation which among other included a list of all your inputs and output and what you have used them for in your program.

It's an old school way of doing it, but IHC hasn't changed much since it was launched in the 1980's. It's still the same basic architecture and you can still use the input/output modules etc. you purchased on the launch day. They also works with the latest Visual 3 controller.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites