Hop til indhold

IHC Visual 2 - HW6.1 rebooting frequently

Infernoken

Spørgsmål

Hello,

I have a IHC Visual 2 with HW6.1 (since 2007) that in the last days has started to reboot frequently.

Light go out for a few seconds and then go back on, and the system is unresponsive during a few minutes  (so during the reboot)

When checking the IHC admin view, I can see the uptime is everytime only a few minutes, so this indicates a full reboot.

System was running on 2.7.220 since a few months, but I already noticed it was becoming slow now and then...

Since a few days I now have the frequent reboot issues and yesterday evening now downgraded the system to 2.7.148 (latest FW available in Belgium before the 2.7.220).

Checking today, seems the system has again rebooted this morning, so does not seem to be solved.

Any other things I could try?  Or will I need to purchase a new Visual Controller ??? 

(As my current Visual 2 HW6.1 controller is from 2007, it may be starting to fail ???)

If I would need to buy a new one, I would directly go for the Visual 3 controller.  Any idea where a good place would be to source this and get it shipped to Belgium?

(Would then also directly replace the power supply...)

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

5 svar på dette spørgsmål

1 time siden, Infernoken skrev:

Hello,

I have a IHC Visual 2 with HW6.1 (since 2007) that in the last days has started to reboot frequently.

Light go out for a few seconds and then go back on, and the system is unresponsive during a few minutes  (so during the reboot)

When checking the IHC admin view, I can see the uptime is everytime only a few minutes, so this indicates a full reboot.

System was running on 2.7.220 since a few months, but I already noticed it was becoming slow now and then...

Since a few days I now have the frequent reboot issues and yesterday evening now downgraded the system to 2.7.148 (latest FW available in Belgium before the 2.7.220).

Checking today, seems the system has again rebooted this morning, so does not seem to be solved.

Any other things I could try?  Or will I need to purchase a new Visual Controller ??? 

(As my current Visual 2 HW6.1 controller is from 2007, it may be starting to fail ???)

If I would need to buy a new one, I would directly go for the Visual 3 controller.  Any idea where a good place would be to source this and get it shipped to Belgium?

(Would then also directly replace the power supply...)

Regarding the reboots. It has been mentioned before, that the lack of power can get the controller to reboot. So if your IHC system is using alot of power, it might be your powersupply cant deliver enough.
Also external communication (like Home Assistant, OpenHAB etc) can make the controller reboot, specially if its banging the controller with data. 
And last, it could be a simple fault in the Visual program.. If you´re using any kind of sensors, they can mess up things as well. Specielly if you have a sensor connected, but not programmed yet.  

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

5 hours ago, Kandersen said:

Regarding the reboots. It has been mentioned before, that the lack of power can get the controller to reboot. So if your IHC system is using alot of power, it might be your powersupply cant deliver enough.
Also external communication (like Home Assistant, OpenHAB etc) can make the controller reboot, specially if its banging the controller with data. 
And last, it could be a simple fault in the Visual program.. If you´re using any kind of sensors, they can mess up things as well. Specielly if you have a sensor connected, but not programmed yet.  

Thanks for the input...

The installation has been running since 2007 with updates now and then on the programming, but have never encountered the issues I now have.

So power seems not to be the issue as the hardware of the installation has not received expansion since 2007, so power consumption has never changed.

The reboots also happen when the controller is disconnected from the network, so with the ethernet cable unplugged, so also does not seem to be an external communication issue.

The visual program itself could be an issue, but in essence it is the same program that has been running for years without issue.

What I could do is flash it with the 'factory reset' firmware and do a clean reinstall from the visual program from that state.  (If this makes any sense at all?)

I'm running out of options other than to just order a new Visual 3 Controller and a new power supply (just to be safe)

Any other ideas ?????

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites