Hop til indhold

Visual 3 in English

PLampi

Spørgsmål

Hi. 

I am in the middle of project to switch from Visual 1 to Visual 3. As i downloaded SW, was very surprised that it was on Danish only. Yes, i have read now those discussions on Visual 2 -section and noticed same problems there. Have to admit cannot understand LK's decision to use Danish only (UK only would have been much more understandable) as IHC was sold widely earlier also scandinavia (like i am from Finland). 

But i am not very keen to start translate all those files to English so just checking, have someone really done that translation or does know, it's available somewhere? In worst case i can do this also in Danish but it would slow down all work quite a bit. And Visual 3 (nor 2) cannot intake/translate Visual 1 project files :(

Friendly,

Petteri

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

14 svar på dette spørgsmål

Thanks for fast reply. Yes, i read this earlier but it did not solve my issue to be a lazy guy ;) Dunno would those old version files work for Visual 3, guess partially might but not all..right? I assume only way to deal this is to either do translation by myself (and hope not very fast new versions out) or do it in Danish...

These Captain or Homeassitant and others will not solve my issue as i anyhow need to use Visual own to create needed logic?

P

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

3 timer siden, PLampi skrev:

Thanks for fast reply. Yes, i read this earlier but it did not solve my issue to be a lazy guy ;) Dunno would those old version files work for Visual 3, guess partially might but not all..right? I assume only way to deal this is to either do translation by myself (and hope not very fast new versions out) or do it in Danish...

These Captain or Homeassitant and others will not solve my issue as i anyhow need to use Visual own to create needed logic?

P

Yes sadly not translated so you need to do it youself.

Yes most logic (critical logic) should be done in the visual

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Hi. Finally reached support ( Technical Support Denmark <dk-ts@schneider-electric.com>) and YES, they DO have Visual 3  English version available. It's one version older than current newest (seems to be 3.4.69.3) but for me it's perfect. As after discussing for a while with technician, seems that they think there is not so much usage of UK version, that in my eyes, is totally false. Rather they should make UK only (sorry you Danish..) that ALL users could use these products. Now they think that none outside Denmark uses Visual 3. Of course there will be no users if all documentation is Danish only..... As IHC V1 and V2 were widely used all over Europe, i would assume many of these (especially V1 users like me) would like to switch to V3 to get new features and proper LAN connections. 

Also when you invest on your house electric system, i would expect full support for ten's of years.

Anyhow if there would be enough users asking UK version, i assume they would keep full support also UK version. So now all of you (and maybe even those who not necessary need UK version ;) ) would now just send request to have UK supported also in the future, they might keep that officially available also in the future.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

3 hours ago, PLampi said:

Hi. Finally reached support ( Technical Support Denmark <dk-ts@schneider-electric.com>) and YES, they DO have Visual 3  English version available. It's one version older than current newest (seems to be 3.4.69.3) but for me it's perfect

I suggest you find the same version in Danish and save it. That way, if they at some point do not have an english version in the future you will be able to make a "franken-version" where most are in English and only what is new since now will be in Danish. I suppose 3.04.69.03 UK is the same as 3.04.70.03 DK.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Yes, all this type of "backup solutions" are possible. But why an earth this size of an company plays around with language support? That just do not make sense and gives very bad customer support experience. Bit same as if i look old version of IHC (V1) that was available in many languages. Now i see only DK version, no others. 

As they still have these available, why just not make those downloadable for all? 

But to get this UK version support, we just need to push support email info that yes, UK support is needed now and in the future. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

10 hours ago, PLampi said:

Yes, all this type of "backup solutions" are possible. But why an earth this size of an company plays around with language support? That just do not make sense and gives very bad customer support experience. Bit same as if i look old version of IHC (V1) that was available in many languages. Now i see only DK version, no others. 

I suspect the truth is that they haven't sold much IHC on other markets than the danish and thus have withdrawn the product line from other countries.

In any case, perhaps you are in a similar situation to the rest of us. Schneider has confirmed that the wireless platform is dead. There will not be any new products on that platform (which makes sense because it was built on wavenis and wavenis never got any traction). They have not been clear on the wired plans, but the whole wired architecture runs against what is happening everywhere else in the market. So perhaps you will not be missing out on much in the future.

What would be fantastic would be a controller that would also work with other standards, but I suspect that will not happen due to the amount of work required and again the wavenis platform is dead. A workable solution would be a downgraded controller with no programming capability but with the ability to expose all connected units on a standard bus (e.g. KNX) and then the programming would be on a standardized controller (e.g. a KNX controller). That way Schneider would need minimal work now and in the future (e.g. the whole Java update circus would be a thing of the past) and would be able to keep its proprietary IHC business alive for a very long time.

Alas, I am not crying. The ability to connect to the controller from IHC Captain, Home Assistant, etc. is good enough for me. As long as Schneider delivers a controller that will work for the next 20 years then I am happy.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Yep, personally i am now happy as my invest 10+ years ago was upgradable with reasonable costs for "internet era", have those couple basic wireless products i need and have relatively easy connection for OpenHAB/Homeassistant etc to fulfill my home automation needs. This will now work for decades for my needs. 

Then another story is first Schneider overall support strategy and secondly IHC future as such. 

Support i have already said some of my opinions :) Anyhow i would expect full support (and language versions) available for at least 10+ years for all users they have sold their solutions. 

IHC future seems to be to vanish some day as KNX or even these open source solutions (Raspberry PI + additional boards + SW packages) might overtake. Time will show. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites