Hop til indhold

Required Controller Firmware version

Rle

Hi, I have ELKO Living System (=LK IHC) installed in Finland and I have been trying to get IHC Captain to work. Everything runs fine on RasPI. I can connect to IHC Captain and I see Controller, but can't login to the Controller with Captain.

Does anyone know what would be the minimum required Controller version?

ELKO CONTROLLER:
Hardware version: 6.2
Software version: 2.7.144

Bit hesitant to upgrade my firmware version as I can only find new firmware files for LK IHC, not ELKO. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

8 minutter siden, Rle skrev:

Only downside is that there is only Danish user interface available on for the software.

Thats not a downside.. Thats danish (just kidding :D)
Its kinda strange Lk has abandonded english. I know IHC is mainly danish, but translating the program and utilities can hardly be such a big job. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Yups! Good to learn a new language while fiddling around with your house control:) I used to have the software in finnish, which was almost as cryptic as the danish due to the bad translation.

Very cool to find this web site. Been reading many old topics through with Google Translate. I totally thought the whole product series was abandoned due to KNX being the default choice for new houses here. Seems like you can also get many of the LK IHC components still from DK and with very good selection. It is almost impossible to find for example ELKO wireless devices here, but danish web sites seem to have them in stock!

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

13 minutter siden, Rle skrev:

I used to have the software in finnish, which was almost as cryptic as the danish due to the bad translation.

No wonder.. Finnish is a strange language (to listen to.. Like dutch is strange as well :D). LK should stick with english, and on request, they could provide danish. No need to translate the software into several other languages, when having english at the most. 

Yes, IHC isnt quite discontinued, (yet). There are quite a few online dealers having most of the devices in stock. Thats good.

Did you know, there is a new DIN rail LED Dimmer coming using the RS485 interface?
Unfortunatly it requires a newer controller as well, which makes it pretty expencive for quite alot of user. Thats very bad, in my opinion :(

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

9 timer siden, Kandersen skrev:

I know IHC is mainly danish. 

LK IHC is not mainly Danish anymore. It's Danish only. It has been redrawn from all other markets years ago.

That said. Development is done outside DK and in English, so an English development version does exist. It's just not generally available, probably because LK doesn't see a need for it now that LK IHC is only available on the Danish market.

8 timer siden, Rle skrev:

Yups! Good to learn a new language while fiddling around with your house control:) I used to have the software in finnish, which was almost as cryptic as the danish due to the bad translation.

Trust me. The current DK version has some cryptic translations too.

As far as I remember I have an official English version somewhere. I don't think it's the latest, but 2.7.something as far as I remember. It will although be a couple of weeks before I back home and can have a look at my SW repository.

Edit 22:00: Some people apparently misunderstood what I wrote, so I've change a few things.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Thanks for replies! 

I would like to have option to remote control some table lamps. For that I would need remote sockets. I can find many IHC Sockets like this https://www.wattoo.dk/lk-ihc-wireless-mobil-stikkontakt-relae-1017049147-1028000586 but unfortunately I would need Schuko socket.. any idea if those are sold somewhere?

Do you have any idea about the range of IHC wireless devices? My controller is placed in a separate space outside main building but I have prewired coaxial cable for antenna to a central spot in the main building. Haven’t yet tried it out since I never got around to buy Elko Wireless devices and now those are not sold anymore..  all my walls are made of stone if that matters.

Of course I could try using Hue sockets, but I read they have really short range. Maybe some WIFI sockets could work if I control them through Raspi+IHC Captain. Anyone doing something similar?

Also I read some discussion about heat generation with IHC components. Could not figure out how you did calculate it with Google Translate. I have pretty heavy installation with all inputs and outputs used On one controller; 10 dimmers etc. Would be good to check if I should do some extra ventilation for them. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

On 1/16/2020 at 10:22 PM, Rle said:

but unfortunately I would need Schuko socket.. any idea if those are sold somewhere?

You could just buy regular dumb Schuko sockets and put one of these relays inside:

https://www1.lk.dk/katalog/ifkatalog.html?EPIuser=123456789&iid=11402

They are not cheap but they will allow you to draw 10A.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites