Hop til indhold

openHAB2 IHC binding

Pauli Anttila

Spørgsmål

Update 12.3.2019:

Binding has been merged to openHAB main repository and will available in 2.5 version. Before that, new version can be found from official openHAB snapshot builds.

Before official add-on documentation page is updated, binding documentation can found here.

NOTE. If you have used older beta versions of the binding, beware that there has been some breaking changes lately:

• Controller address parameter is not anymore ip, but hostname
  • "-channel" suffix is removed from channel types. E.g. switch-channel is just switch.

###########################################################################################################################

Even openHAB 1 IHC binding has been rock solid for many years, I finally decided to port the binding to support openHAB 2 features.

Latest version: https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.ihc/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

Documentation link

Some improvements / features:

• By default, binding create channels automatically from project file (currently all dataline_inputs, dataline_outputs, airlink_inputs, airlink_outputs and resource_temperature).
  • Auto creation can be disabled, and channels can be created manually (then all resource id's are supported).
  • Support both Paper UI and thing files configuration.
  • Channels for basic controller information (state, SW and HW version, controller uptime, etc).
  • Trigger channels support (button short press, long press and extra long press).
  • Support multiple controllers (those who have e.g. two controllers environment).

5b000b95160a8_ScreenShot2018-05-19at14_32_14.thumb.png.4093d93247a17cd4fc3d66307c895976.png

5b000ba2cc62b_ScreenShot2018-05-19at14_33_06.thumb.png.648edf0e40855577f58e973c448514b6.png

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

@Kandersen: Yes, I am running binding 1 and 2 side by side until all items are converted.

@Pauli Anttila: I have removed readonly from contact, installed the newest build and tried again with same result. I have uploaded the log file, where you can search for ThStueplanStueTrykOverstVenstre, which gives an error - resource id not found.

Thanks.

openhab.log

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

1 time siden, EjvindHald skrev:

Yes, I am running binding 1 and 2 side by side until all items are converted.

Could that be the issue? If you use the same resourceID in another binding.. When I moved to the new binding, I move the resourceID´s as well, to make sure it wasn´t active in the old one.. Hmm actually I removed the whole binding, and then made the move..
But it´s just a guess..  

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

14 timer siden, Kandersen skrev:

Could that be the issue? If you use the same resourceID in another binding.. When I moved to the new binding, I move the resourceID´s as well, to make sure it wasn´t active in the old one.. Hmm actually I removed the whole binding, and then made the move..
But it´s just a guess..  

Thanks, but this is not the problem.

However, I still do not understand why I get these messages in the log when starting the IHC binding:

2019-05-12 08:47:20.353 [INFO ] [nhab.binding.ihc.internal.IhcBinding] - Connecting to IHC / ELKO LS controller [IP='192.168.1.31:444' Username='openhabSVC'].
2019-05-12 08:47:20.518 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.521 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:dimmer could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.523 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.525 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.528 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.530 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.532 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:dimmer could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:20.534 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved.
.. and many more followed by:

2019-05-12 08:47:20.700 [ERROR] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - Channel type ihc:contact could not be resolved.
2019-05-12 08:47:36.690 [WARN ] [ding.ihc.internal.handler.IhcHandler] - Unknown error occured, reason: null.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.converters.ConverterFactory.getConverter(ConverterFactory.java:120) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.handler.IhcHandler.updateChannelState(IhcHandler.java:744) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.handler.IhcHandler.lambda$5(IhcHandler.java:719) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257) [?:?]
        at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.forEach(Collections.java:1080) [?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.handler.IhcHandler.resourceValueUpdateReceived(IhcHandler.java:715) [215:org.openhab.binding.ihc:2.5.0.201904021522]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.ws.IhcClient.sendResourceValueUpdateEvent(IhcClient.java:570) [215:org.openhab.binding.ihc:2.5.0.201904021522]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.ws.IhcClient.access$2(IhcClient.java:564) [215:org.openhab.binding.ihc:2.5.0.201904021522]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.ws.IhcClient$IhcResourceValueNotificationListener.waitResourceNotifications(IhcClient.java:459) [215:org.openhab.binding.ihc:2.5.0.201904021522]
        at org.openhab.binding.ihc.internal.ws.IhcClient$IhcResourceValueNotificationListener.run(IhcClient.java:447) [215:org.openhab.binding.ihc:2.5.0.201904021522]
2019-05-12 08:47:36.717 [WARN ] [ding.ihc.internal.handler.IhcHandler] - Unknown error occured, reason: null.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

@EjvindHald, you log is somehow weird as it miss lot of log information what should be logged in trace and debug level. Please update the latest binding version, clear openHAB caches, etc. You should clear the log file as well. Start whole openHAB and send new logs so that we can see that startup procedure is correct. 

By command "bundle:list org.openhab.binding.ihc" in Karaf console you should see which ihc binding version you are really using.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

3 timer siden, EjvindHald skrev:

However, I still do not understand why I get these messages in the log when starting the IHC binding:

I´m out of ideas unfortunatly. The binding runs awesome on my system. Actually I would go as far and claim, the IHC binding is the most stable binding I´m using. So I understand you´r frustrations. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

I still think that you ihc binding version is wrong. Log shows that controller address in the log is IP not hostname as it should. 

Connecting to IHC / ELKO LS controller [IP='192.168.1.31:444' 

Old binding versions defines channel types with channel prefix (switch-channel not just switch), so most probably that's the reason for  "Channel type ihc:switch could not be resolved" errors.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

@Pauli Anttila : Thanks. I am not at home now, so I will get back to you in a few hours.

Edit: I AM running the correct binding version according to karaf console status info (bundle:list org.openhab.binding.ihc) . However, the problem seems to be in the physical cache and tmp files as also @Kandersen has experienced. When trying to delete files these I made a typo, and my whole Synology server needs to be reinstalled. I will get back later with status. 

Edit2: I found the error and it was me doing a type error, so the resource id actually did not exist. The IHC binding is fine.

Suggestion to @Pauli Anttila: When I make a type error in the Things file, and fix it afterwards to the correct value, then openHAB often needs to be restarted. Not sure if this is related to the binding or openHAB, but if it is possible to make a more robust functionality, that would be cool. Binding 1 was more robust and a typing error could be fixed without a restart. Thanks.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Jag ska försöka få igång Openhab2 har LINUX på en gammal bärbar och opnehab installerat

:~$ dpkg --list | grep openhab
ii  openhab2                                   2.5.0~M1-1                                   all          openhab2
ii  openhab2-addons                            2.5.0~M1-1                                   all          openhab2-addons

men jag hittar ingen version 2 av IHC binding i paper UI.

kan jag ladda ned den senaste IHC bindingen någonstans?

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

@Pauli Anttila could you put the latest .jar to download? I´m not keen on using the snapshot version.. I used to, but there has been too many serious problems. So I´m back to 2.5M1. I am using a newer IHC binding though, just installed manually. 

And speaking of IHC binding.. Yesterday I discovered something was very wrong with my openhab<->IHC.. PaperUI showed the controller was online, but I received no info at all from any things.. (it turned out it has been like that for the whole day/night). 
I really struggled getting the connection back. I uninstalled the binding, cleared cache/tmp, restarted my Rpi, restarted my IHC controller.. Even removed the power from the controller etc.. But no matter what I did, I ended up with a timeout connection from the IHC binding.

I have done no changes lately, and it has been running rock steady for weeks, (since I moved back to openhab 2.5M1). Before that, I was using snapshot build 1575, and the IHC binding have never caused any problems. 

To fix the connection again, I had to raise the timeout in the config from 8000 to 10000.. Then I could get the binding to connect just fine again. And it has been running like that since yesterday.. Now I wonder - What can cause this problem all of a sudden?

Second - How come PaperUI says the controller is ONLINE, when it´s actually not? I can tell from the log, that the binding do connects, but a couple of seconds after, it gives the timeout error. Shouldn´t the controller have been offline then??

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Question to @Pauli Anttila:

I just discovered the concept of "Location" in paperUI, where you can have several tabs in the Control menu. Each Thing can be associated with a location - eg. bedroom - and it shows up in paperUI. This is implemented in several bindings such as Hue and Mqtt.(see Hue example here with Entrance)  Can this also be configured for each Thing in the IHC binding? I as asking because I have + 100 Things, so this options would be very nice.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Tried to make a contact for state of my garage door. IHC controller defines it as “CLOSED” when the door is open and “OPEN” when it is closed. I used the “inverted” command for contacts without success. Seems it only inverts ON/OFF started and not OPEN/CLOSED. I solved it by making two rules, alternatively, I could insert a function in the controller, but it would be nice if inverted worked for OPEN/CLOSED as well. Am I missing something or would this be a nice update for a new release?

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Hi Fellow Openhab/IHC users

Does any one have a rule to dim Hue products from IHC or tell me how to do it any help would be appreciated

My rule doesn't seem to do the job.

rule "Hue PejseStue Loft Dim"

when
        Item Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim changed
then
        var Number tal = Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state as DecimalType
        if (Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state instanceof DecimalType) tal = Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state as DecimalType
        sendCommand(Light_Pejsestue_Dimmer, tal)
end

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

19 timer siden, RudoX skrev:

Hi Fellow Openhab/IHC users

Does any one have a rule to dim Hue products from IHC or tell me how to do it any help would be appreciated

My rule doesn't seem to do the job.

when
then
        if (Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state instanceof DecimalType) tal = Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state as DecimalType
end

I think there is an example in the IHC binding doc which do use a Hue light. 
I tried it myself long time agi, but its not good for dimming. So I use on/off only. It could however have been me doing something wrong.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Hi all

I found the problem with my Rule it needs to be written with Number instead of DecimalType. See below.

Wrong

when

then

end

Correct

when
then
        var Number tal = Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state as Number
        if (Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state instanceof Numbertal = Hue_Pejse_Loft_dim.state as Number
        sendCommand(Light_Pejsestue_Dimmertal)
end

I set my IHC functionblok's together like this to make it work.

image.thumb.png.666ec7f646ec00fd5ae121243bac113f.png

If anyone is interested in the Function block I've attached to the post

Hue IHC-Openhab.vis

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites