Hop til indhold

How to upload HW6.1 configuration (.vis) ti HW6.2?

Pertti Korhonen

I would highly appreciate if anybody can help: I have an installation in my house using Visual COntroller/Viewer HW6.1. Now the old laptop died and I cannot log into the controllers with my new PC as I do not know what password the person who did the installations used. Fortunately I have back-up copies of the .vis files and I can open  and view them with the current LK IHC 2.7 Control tools package. I have bought new controllers (as spaceports) with HW6.2 and I could like to switch the old controllers to these (giving me also support for iOS11 app). PROBLEM: The LK IHC 2.8 tools package (for HW6.2) does not recognise these .vis Config files to be valid for uploading to HW6.2 controllers. HOW TO SOLVE THIS? I would absolutely not want to rewrite all configurations manually... 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

HW6.1 and HW 6.2 uses the same software. If the Visual 2.8 can read the 2.7 .vis files, the problem is probably the FW in the controller hasn't been upgraded to match the Visual 2.8 SW. You can check the firmware version through the adminview.

Regarding the password issue. Just connect to the controller using a USB cable. When you connect using USB, there are no password required. You can therefore change the password through the adminview despite not knowing the old password.

And last but not least. Please read the manual for how to update the Firmware and connect to the controller using USB or how to access the admin and serviceview. If you run into Java issues with the admin and serviceview, please read the thread "java problemer igen igen igen"

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Thank you very much Lars. 

I will anyway upgrade my controllers to HW6.2 as I already have them in my storage. So I would like to skip the hassle of upgrading the FW of my current 6.1 controllers and just directly load my back up configuration (.vis) files to my brand new 6.2 controllers. But as I wrote when trying to do it, the Visual software did not recognize the formats of my .vis files. So is there any way I could solve this problem without going back to my old 6.1 Hw?

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Yes you should be able to load the old project directly to the new hw6.2 controllers. 

But if you opgrade the firmware in the old hw 6.1 controllers to the latest (se other tread about this) there might not be a need to change or opgrade the controllers.

Anyway if you stil have problems then please try uploading the old .vis project files attached here in the tread so that we can have a look.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Thanks Lars, I will try that again.

One more question: many posts refer to the tread "Java problemer igen igen igen" but with the search function on this user group I can only find those references (numerous times) but I have not been able to find the tread itself. How can I find that mysterious "Java problemer igen igen igen" tread?

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

10 timer siden, Pertti Korhonen skrev:

Thank you very much Lars. 

I will anyway upgrade my controllers to HW6.2 as I already have them in my storage. So I would like to skip the hassle of upgrading the FW of my current 6.1 controllers and just directly load my back up configuration (.vis) files to my brand new 6.2 controllers. But as I wrote when trying to do it, the Visual software did not recognize the formats of my .vis files. So is there any way I could solve this problem without going back to my old 6.1 Hw?

I'm not 100% sure when you see the problem with the format. Is it when you open the .vis file with the Visual SW, or is it when you try to upload it to the controller?

If it's the first, try open the .vis file with the old visual SW, make a dummy change and save it with a new name. It might be simple XML error which might be fixed by saving the file again.

If it's the last, it can probably be fixed by upgrading the firmware to the latest version on the controller you are trying to uploading the file too. Some old firmwares do not support all the functions of the latest visual versions, and the error you get when you try to upload the program to the controller is something like invalid .vis file.

Last but not least. Please take a screenshot of the error and post it here. It's easier to help when we can see the error our self.

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

Hello Lars, I have now updated my IHC Visual to version 2.8.4. I succeeded in reading the old config (.vis) files but when trying to connect with my new HW6.2 controllers through USB I get this error message (attached). I cannot log into the controller. This is the first time this controller is powered up.How to overcome this login problem?  (I have tried with two options: Username = "admin", no password and then also "admin" as the password as well. Neither option works.

2018-05-03 (1).png

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

53 minutes ago, Pertti Korhonen said:

Hello Lars, I have now updated my IHC Visual to version 2.8.4. I succeeded in reading the old config (.vis) files but when trying to connect with my new HW6.2 controllers through USB I get this error message (attached). I cannot log into the controller. This is the first time this controller is powered up.How to overcome this login problem?  (I have tried with two options: Username = "admin", no password and then also "admin" as the password as well. Neither option works.

2018-05-03 (1).png

Hello Lars, I actually succeeded to get the connection now! I executed the IHC Firmware loader and updated the FW on both controllers. Now the IHC Visual connects ok and I was even able to upload the old configuration files to the new HW62. controllers! Thank you very much for your help - I think I am able to continue with the project now!

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites

• 5 months later...
1 time siden, Lars1 skrev:

The simulation is only available in Visual and has always been offline simulations. ServiceView shows real time data for the program uploaded to the controller and has never had a simulation function.

In the old Visual 1 it was actually live simulation. There where no serviceview.. But that is waaaay back.. 

Link til kommentar
Del på andre sites